BUCHUKLOOF COTTAGE / KLIPHUIS
High against the slopes of the Slanghoek Mountains, Buchukloof Cottage offers the perfect private getaway from civilisation. The rugged, though comfortable self-catering cottage is built from local rock. Lanterns and a donkey boiler stoked for hot water, adds to the old-world charm.
Buchukloof Cottage has two rooms, the first with a king-sized bed, while the second has a double and three-quarter bed. The kitchenette has a wood-burning stove and a Cadac one-burner gas stove. The cottage also features a lounge with a fireplace, bathroom and dining area.
Buchukloof is situated on the Breëland Wine Estate. Mountain streams, hiking trails, unspoilt nature and unobstructed views over the vineyards of the Slanghoek Valley – all of this awaits you at Buchukloof.
Situated barely 1 hour outside of Cape Town, it is the perfect getaway for nature lovers trying to escape their busy life or for team building weekends.
Please note that a 4×4 is required to get to the cottage. Transport can be arranged at an additional cost upon arrival. Transport will only drop and collect once during the stay. Please contact us directly if you would like to stay for one night only.
- Arrival from 14h00 until 18h00
- Departure 10h00
- No check-in on Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays
- Cottage keys must be dropped at the Tasting Room or given to the farm manager on duty
- Cellphone signal is weak as the cottage is in the mountains
- There is no electricity, but solar lighting, a gas stove and donkey for hot water and braai grid are provided
- A camping fridge is provided but no freezer
- There is a fireplace indoors and outdoors, and a gas burner is provided
- The cottage is self-catering, and has all the necessary cutlery, glasses and crockery
- Bedding, towels and firewood are provided
- Treat the cottage and its contents as if it were your own.
- Please do not pick any flowers or remove anything from the wild
- Please handle all glassware with care
- Do not leave any garbage outside, as there are wild animals in the area
- No smoking is allowed in the buildings
- Cardholder’s ID/passport must be presented at check-in
- Credit card used for the online payment must be presented at check-in
- We reserve the right not to refund bank costs upon cancellation of credit card bookings, as the bank does not credit initial deduction costs
- Take note that the availability of the chosen accommodation will be confirmed. A booking will only be made upon receiving payment in full
- Cancellation: Payment will be forfeited if the booking is cancelled
- The default minimum stay is two nights, but you may contact us directly if you would like to stay for one night only
- Maximum occupancy 1 to 5 people
- For long weekends the whole weekend must be booked
- No animals are allowed on the premises
Own Risk: All activities, including driving vehicles on the premises, are done at own risk
Blaarfontein Slanghoek Plase (Pty) Ltd. and/or its employees will not be held responsible for any damage to property or injury.